Checklist for Opening a Business

Food Handling

Step 7

Step 7: Will your business deal with food?

NO, my business will not deal with food Skip this Step, Go to Step 8


YES - Food-related businesses (restaurants, coffee stands, caterers, food product manufacturers, etc.) will need kitchen and food handler permits.

Contact your county health department. In addition, food and beverage manufacturers and processors will need licensing from the Washington Department of Agriculture.

Also, if you plan to sell, serve, or produce alcoholic beverages, contact the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board to find out what kind of license you need to apply for. For marijuana-infused products, you will need a marijuana license. Contact the Business Licensing Service for more information on how to apply. For help opening a restaurant in Seattle, visit the Seattle restaurant site.

Go Back Go to Step 8